Small Flattened Green Plantain – Ingredients
1) Pre-heat the oil to middle-high temperature.
2) With the help of tongs, place one by one the tostadas in the oil. An splatter screen is advised to protect you from the oil spilling.
3) Leave the tostadas between 3 to 5 minutes each side, depending how crunchy you would like them. No more than 5 minutes per side is recommended as it can dry the tostadas.
4) Remove the tostadas from the pan and place them in a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
5) Sprinkle with salt.
These tostadas can be use with any imaginable topping, from guacamole and vegetarian sauces to Shredded pork, beef or chicken. Today we will show the hogao sauce and garlic prawns.
Garlic Prawns – Ingredients
300 to 400 g of prawns or shrimps
3x cloves of garlic
1x spoonful of butter
Salt and Pepper
1) Dry the prawns with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2) Heat oil to middle high heat and just before putting the prawns add butter and garlic, then toss the prawns on top.
3) Cook for 3 or 4 minutes until prawns turn pink.
4) Squeeze half a lemon on top of the prawns and sprinkle with coriander.
'Hogao' – Ingredients
3x middle to large scallions
1x regular onion
1x clove of Garlic
Salt and Pepper
1) Finely chop the scallions, onion, and tomatoes.
2) Heat oil in a saucepan to middle heat and sauté the scallions, onions, and crushed garlic for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
3) Add the chopped tomatoes, cumin, and sauté for another 5 minutes or until getting a soft even sauce.
4) Add the coriander and finish after 1 minute.
5) Serve on top of tostadas and add the garlic prawns
Thanks For Reading!